Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Riding Alone

Today I took Brego out by myself, while Tim was at work. We went from the house down to Smith Lake and back (a little under an hour). I did this once before, I think last fall, and was nervous the whole time. But today I was quite relaxed and enjoyed myself. I think Brego enjoyed it, too. He got to gait and canter a bit, and basically enjoy the ride. He was a little hesitant to leave the other horses at home, but not much, and obediently went on as I asked.

Again, it is so nice to finally feel relaxed and enjoy this. Brego is great, I don't think I could have asked for a better partner. (We still need to see how he will do with a large number of other horses on the trail ride we plan to attend the end of June. At that time, Tim will ride him the first time out and be sure he knows not to worry about the other horses or being separated from Strider.)

No comments:

Post a Comment