Monday, December 8, 2008


It’s official!  Brego is ours!  Jack and the brand inspector both came and did the transfer, we paid Jack, and it’s a done deal.  The first horse registered in my name.  Brego is a special horse and we will love him, but we’ll always remember Tahoma and the special gift she was from Tim to me earlier in our relationship.  I won't forget that, and Tim's love as he trained her, thinking of me in my absence.

  

I had Tim take a picture of me behind Brego, to show his height compared to me.  He's a good, short horse for me.  Keeping in mind I'm only 5' tall I need to be able to mount him more easily. I will work on being able to mount him from ground level.


Now that Brego is ours, it's time to begin teaching him to use our drinking post.  Tim began as he has with all his other horses, by leading him to the post, pushing the paddle and giving him one drink of water in the morning, and another in the evening, removing all other water sources to teach him to seek it out.  Tim says the horse will get thirsty enough that he’ll figure it out in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment