Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Both Tim and I did some groundwork with Bossman in the round pen, then saddled Strider and Bossman.  Of all the available saddles, Tahoma’s saddle seemed to fit Bossman the best (good thing, we really wanted to be able to use this saddle).  First, Tim rode Bossman while I rode Strider.  Bossman did so well under saddle, that we switched and I rode Bossman.  We wanted to see if Boss would keep up with Strider at a walk or a gait, and he did, at both attempts.  We even shot some videos of me getting him into his gait.  


It is clear to us at this point that he will be an awesome trail horse.  From now on we're thinking of him as “our horse”, pending a pre-purchase vet check.  We called Jack to let him know we just needed to schedule a vet appointment, and kept him from then on.  We began considering what we might name him.  I went crazy beginning to think of names and searching for name possibilities on the web, considering the meaning of names in addition to the sound, and whether the name would fit a horse.  I'm considering names such as Khola, Cocoa, Mocha, Dakota, Java, Chaco, Ranger, Keoki, and Shasta (thinking of coffee, chocolate or mountain themes).  I kept trying them out for sound, seeing what Tim thought, etc.  This will be quite a process!

No comments:

Post a Comment